Thursday, April 28, 2016

There and Back Again!

So to say the least, it's been awhile since I posted! I never fully gave up or have forgotten about this blog. I'm not one for dragging things out, so here it is. I home schooled my son through high school. I did it, not short of a miracle. There is a reason I didn't follow through with my updates about Zachary. I became very sick. So sick I needed three sinus surgeries and an angiogram. That's something I can come back to.

What I do want to jump to is this; my son's Dyspraxia has taken a backseat to something else. I just don't know which one to explain first. Since I've been in recovery I've noticed some odd behavior in his every day routine. It started his senior year, at home. Our family thought he was being thorough because of his Dyspraxia, but it turns out it had crossed over into full blown OCD.  OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER. Now, I'm skipping over many things, but like I said, I like to get to the point. I was so happy he graduated high school, achieving  a milestone I only dreamed of, to be set back by THIS  disorder growing right under my nose. I had been distracted by my illness. I felt betrayed by my optimism. As it grew, we desperately searched for help. Hidden by the fact that Zachary is attending college, holding a job too. Suddenly, the road I thought we had completed, started all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment